Welcome new friends! I'm Heather, a wedding and portrait photographer based near Williamsburg, VA in Hampton Roads.
I could ramble on about my Bachelor's degree in photojournalism or the awards I've won over the last 19 years of my career, but I know that's not what you really want to know.
You want to know about - ME!!!
Well, I'm an introvert by nature so sharing personal details and bragging about myself is not really my cup of tea. So instead, let me tell you WHY I'm not your typical photographer.
1. I believe the best photos are not perfect hair but perfect moments that capture the real you, true happiness, and joy
2. I focus more on capturing storytelling memories than details
3. Friendly & helpful I work with my clients before AND after their session (more on the experience HERE )
4. Naturally camera shy, I have a knack for putting everyone at ease
5. I smile while I shoot, that's how much I love it!
6. And I'm about your experience as much as creating gorgeous photos that you will still love 30 years from now
Since I left newspapers to run my biz full time in 2008, I have photographed over 350 weddings, 75 newborn sessions, and 300 family portraits. And I hope to triple that before retiring at age 70!
I am honored to be able to share my gift and help others preserve & share their lives with future generations. And I can't wait to meet you!
Voted the Knot’s “Best of Wedding Photographers” | WeddingWire’s “Couples Choice” Award 2008 - 2019 | Virginia Living Magazine's "Top Wedding Vendor" 2016- 2019 | VA Small Newspaper Photographer of the Year | Wedding Photojournalist Assoc. Blue Medallion Award